Lord of the Rings is the most mainstream and common franchise one can watch. The franchise has a great plot and many upcoming tv shows based their stories inspired by the LOTR Franchise. If you haven’t watched any Lord of the Rings movies, then you are in the right place.
The Correct Order to Watch Lord of The rings ( Release date wise)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Release date: 19 December 2001 and IMDb rating 8.8)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (18 December 2002 and IMDb rating 8.7)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (17 December 2003 and IMDb Rating 8.9)
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (13 December 2012 and IMDb rating 7.8)
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (13 December 2013 and IMDb rating 7.8)
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (12 December 2014 and IMDb rating 7.4)
This is the entire chronological order of the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit franchise. If you want to watch the movies with their release dates then save this list and start watching the series right now for free on Putlocker.
However, fans and Reddit have concluded that the best way to watch the franchise is by watching The Hobbit Series first since it is a prequel of the Lord of the Rings franchise and sets the basic plot of that movie. You will also understand the characters better if you watch The Hobbit Series First. It will not spoil you and will prepare you for the events of the Epic Lord of the Rings.